Flail mowers can be very dangerous implements if handled incorrectly. It is essential you read the manual for the specific type of flail mower purchased before you attempt to operate it.
Never allow anyone who has not read the manual and been trained in the use of heavy duty machinery use the mower.
Below are a few key factors you should always consider prior to usage:
- Ensure all shields and guards are secure and in place
- Never leave the engine running on an unsupervised machine
- Never get off the mower/tractor whilst it is still moving.
- Always triple check for people before reversing.
- Keep clothing, hands, feet etc away from the flail at all times whilst in operation. Tight clothing is therefore recommended.
- Never carry passengers on the flail mower.